Truthfully, I think Mondays are highly overrated…so let’s just start today, shall we? In fact, let’s forget about yesterday, last week, this past month! And while we are at it, let’s leave behind any lingering disappointments from the weekend, your last fight with someone you love, your last bout of self-pity or fear, whatever has you feeling down or down on yourself this morning and just start fresh! I am all for that, how about you?
That is something I really love about God. He is always up for that. He’s actually not even counting the times we need a do-over. That’s not the way he thinks at all. He is always accepting, always loving, always compassionate and always good. To honor that this week, let’s spend some time thinking about how good he is. Not only will this minister to your own heart, I believe it blesses his heart, too.
When you can, find a few moments to read and pray over these verses. Ask the Holy Spirit to renew your mind to God’s goodness and help you let go of anything that tries to tell you otherwise. If one of these really speaks to you, go ahead and jot it down somewhere, take a photo of it on your phone or post it on social. Let it continue to remind you this week that even in the midst of uncertainty, pressure and transition, God is good, he wants what’s good for you and your family, and that eventually we will see his goodness manifested where we most need it!
- So why would I fear the future? For your goodness and love pursue me all the days of my life. (Psalms 23:6)
- So celebrate the goodness of God! He shows this kindness to everyone who is his. (Psalms 32:11)
- How abundant are the good things that You have stored up for those who fear You, that You bestow in the sight of all, on those who take refuge in You. (Psalm 31:19)
- Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the Heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. (James 1:17)
- For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless. (Psalm 84:11)
- His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness. (2 Peter 1:3)